Publications in English
- 'Autobiography and Family Memory in the Nineteenth Century', in: R. Dekker (ed.), Egodocuments and History: Autobiographical Writing in its Social Context since the Middle Ages (Hilversum: Verloren, 2002), pp. 161-173.
- Child of the Enlightenment. Revolution Europe reflected in a boyhood diary (Leiden, Brill, 2009) (553 pp.) with R. Dekker.
- 'Travellers in time: Nineteenth-century autobiographers and their fight against forgetting', in: Jean Bardet and Francois-Joseph Ruggiu, eds., Les écrits du for privé en France du Moyen-âge à 1914 (Bordeaux, Presses Universitaires de Bordeaux, 2010) 65-80.
- 'The moral of the story: Children's reading and the catechism of nature around 1800', in: Pamela H. Smith and Benjamin Schmidt,eds., Making knowledge in early-modern Europe: Practices, objects, texts, 1400-1800(Chicago: Chicago UP, 2007) 143-162.
- 'Jacques Presser's Heritage: Egodocuments in the Study of History', in Memoria y Civilización 5 (2002), pp. 13-37.
'Egodocuments in the Netherlands from the Sixteenth to the Nineteenth Century', in Erin Griffey (ed.),
Envisioning Self and Status: Self-Representation in the Low Countries 1400-1700 (Hull 1999), pp. 255-285.
- 'Dutch Travel Journals from the Sixteenth to the Early Nineteenth Centuries', in Lias.
Sources and Documents relating to the Early Modern History of Ideas 22 (1995), pp. 277-300.
- Egodocuments and History: Autobiographical Writing in its Social Context since the Middle Ages (Hilversum: Verloren 2002)
On Google Books
- Childhood, memory and autobiography in Holland : from the Golden Age to Romanticism (New York: St. Martin'Press, 2000)
- 'Watches, dairy writing, and the search for self-knowledge in the seventeenth century', in: Pamela H. Smith and Benjamin Schmidt,eds., Making knowledge in early-modern Europe: Practices, objects, texts, 1400-1800 (Chicago: Chicago UP, 2007) 127-142.
- 'Sexuality, Elites, and Court Life in the Late Seventeenth Century: The Diaries of Constantijn Huygens, Jr.', in: Eighteent-century life 23 (1999) 94-109.
- Literacy in everyday life: reading and writing in early modern dutch diaries (Leiden: Brill, 2009)
On Google Books